Unit Focusing Lens: Relationships, Design
Standards: Comprehend - Characteristics and expressive features of art and design are used to identify and discuss works of art.
Reflect - Artists, viewers and patrons make connections among the characteristics, expressive features, and purposes of art and design.
Create - Demonstrate basic studio skills.
Transfer - Works of art connect individual ideas to make meaning
- Make informed critical evaluations of visual and material culture, information, and technologies
- Analyze, interpret, and make meaning of art and design critically using oral and written discourse
- Create works of art that articulate more sophisticated ideas, feelings, emotions, and points of view about art and design through an expanded use of media and technologies
Unit Enduring Understandings:
My students will understand that shape and form help translate 2-dimensional to 3-dimensional.
My students will understand that planning and refinement is an essential component of creating art.
My students will understand that culture and style influence artistic intention.
My students will understand artists and designers explore materials to make art in all its forms.
Unit Inquiry Questions:Exploring Architecture:
- How do patterns of visual information guide the creation of works of art?
- How are characteristics and expressive features of art and design important in art-making?
- How are real-life topics captured in visual images?
- Why would an artist need to know about variations of sensory qualities used in art?
- What are examples of ideas you can observe in familiar works of art?
- How can your choice in art-making change an idea?
- What is meant by "intent?
- How can art express more than one idea?